- Mock Exams
- Contact Us
2019 CEM-style Berkshire (Slough and Reading) 11 Plus Mock Exams
We adapt our Berkshire 11 Plus mock exam papers annually after feedback sessions with students about their real 11 Plus test. Students who sat our 11 Plus mock exams in 2018 said they were very similar to the actual tests.
11+ Mock Exam Format
- Our 2019 Berkshire 11 Plus Mock Exam papers are written by Marie Redmond MEd.
- All our CEM-style Berkshire 11 Plus mock exam sessions are 2 hours 30 minutes long.
- In each location we have 2 unique CEM-style exams: papers A and B.
- No questions are repeated and the exams can be taken in any order.
- In line with the CEM 11 Plus test, Marie Redmond Tuition® mock exams are comprised of two separate test booklets.
- The tests are multiple choice, with separate question papers and multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Each paper is approximately 50 minutes long (plus 10 minutes of practice questions), with a short break between the tests.
- Our Berkshire 11 Plus Mock Exams are held in strict exam conditions at carefully selected locations.
- In accordance with the actual test, we use pre-recorded audio to introduce the tests, to explain the instructions for each section and to guide the practice questions. After students attempt the practice questions, the audio reads out the answers.
11+ Mock Exam Feedback
Within 48 hours of the CEM-style Berkshire 11 Plus mock test, you will receive:
- A secure login to see all the questions your child answered incorrectly, along with detailed explanations from Marie Redmond MEd on how to get them right next time!
- A detailed analysis on your child’s performance, including
- Their score for each section of the papers.
- Score for each paper.
- Overall score.
- A comparison table showing anonymised scores for students who sat the exam with your child.
- Our suggested pass mark for the exam, based on previous pupils’ performance.
- Detailed analysis of the number and type of questions, as well as timing for each subsection of the test papers.
- A list of challenging vocabulary from the tests.
Berkshire (Slough, Reading and Kendrick) 11+ Mock Exam Content
- Marie Redmond Tuition’s CEM-style Berkshire 11 Plus mock exams include a range of verbal, numerical non-verbal reasoning questions.
- The topics are split into several separate sections.
- Each section is individually timed using the pre-recorded audio.
- There are examples describing how to answer the questions at the start of each section.
- Example questions are numbered using Roman numerals from i to vi.
- Within each section, candidates can refer to the examples page as often as they wish.
- Before each section starts, candidates will be told the time available for the section.
The Verbal Reasoning sections
- These sections account for 50% of the marks
- They will test reading skills, comprehension, vocabulary, grammar and spelling
The Mathematics sections
- These sections account for 30% of the marks
- They will test mathematical and numerical skills
The Non-Verbal Reasoning sections
- These sections account for 20% of the marks
- They will test how well students can work out and apply rules and relationships between shapes and patterns
- Questions will ask students to think about the relationship between shapes – their similarities and differences - as well as identifying changes between shapes shown in sequence
- Some questions may also involve codes, where students will have to match parts of a shape with a letter.
Berkshire (Slough, Reading and Kendrick) 11 Plus Mock Exam Dates
Our Slough, Reading and Kendrick 11 Plus Mock Exams take place at the following locations:
- Langley Pavilion, Berkshire. Near Slough, Iver, Colnbrook, Datchet, Windsor and Uxbridge.
- Stoke Poges Village Centre, Buckinghamshire. Near Gerrards Cross, Hedgerley, Fulmer, Farnham Common, Farnham Royal, Burnham and Slough.
Langley Pavilion Community Centre, Langley Road, Slough, SL3 8BS
Paper Date Time A Saturday 15th June 2019 10AM – 12.30PM A Saturday 10th August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM B Saturday 24th August 2019 1.30 – 4PM
Stoke Poges Village Centre, 129 Rogers Lane, Stoke Poges, SL2 4LP
Paper Date Time A Friday 9th August 2019 1.30 – 4PM B Friday 23rd August 2019 1.30 – 4PM A Saturday 31st August 2019 1.30 – 4PM
Get up to £100 off Our 11 Plus Mock Exams
Our 2019 CEM-style Berkshire 11 Plus Mock Exams are £65 each and you will receive a discount if you book more than one mock exam at the same time. You can take advantage of this by booking both of our CEM-style mock exams or any combination of GL Assessment-style and CEM-style Berkshire 11 Plus mock exams.
|1 mock exam||£65|
|2 mock exams||£120 (saving £10) – £60 per exam|
|3 mock exams||£165 (saving £30) – £55 per exam|
|4 mock exams||£200 (saving £60) – £50 per exam|
|5 mock exams||£225 (saving £100) – £45 per exam|
As Close as Possible to the Actual Exam
Marie Redmond Tuition® Mock Exams are designed to be as similar as possible to the actual exam. Each year we meet with many of our students a week after they sit the Slough Consortium and Reading CEM test and as a result gain useful insights into the exam. We have in-depth discussions about the types of questions they encountered, including any new types that hadn’t been seen previously. We also discuss the timing of sections and the layout of the papers and answer sheets. Following our feedback sessions, we annually adapt our papers to ensure your child is thoroughly prepared.
Although we don’t know exactly what’s going to be in the next exam, the detailed insights gained in these feedback sessions are invaluable and ensure that our Slough Consortium and Reading 11 Plus mock exams remain as close as possible to the real thing.
Feedback from students
In 2018 our students reported that Marie Redmond Tuition’s mock exams were very similar to the actual test. The prevailing view was that the mock tests were ‘just like taking a mock exam’.
FAQs About Our Slough and Reading 11 Plus Mock Exams
Yes. Our 11 Plus Mock Exams are held in strict exam conditions and administered by professional, DBS checked invigilators. Pre-recorded audio is used to explain the instructions, guide the practice questions and to provide time prompts.
In 2019 we have two sets of unique CEM-style 11 Plus mock papers.
Our CEM-style Berkshire 11 Plus mock exams prepare your child for entrance to the following grammar schools:
No. Our 11 Plus Mock Exams can be taken in any order. All of our tests are unique and no questions are repeated.
Please ensure that your child arrives at least 15 minutes before the start time of their 11 Plus Mock Exam. The start time is detailed on our booking page and in your order confirmation e-mail.
For your child’s safety, you will need to register them at the venue and collect them in person from the invigilator at the end of the exam.
Our mock exams last two and a half hours and consist of two papers. Each paper is approximately 50 minutes long (plus ten minutes of practice questions), with a short break between the papers.
Yes. If your child attends any of our 5-day Summer Courses, a mock test is included in the price and does not need to be booked separately. Please check our Summer Course page to discover which test papers are included in our summer courses. For example, if your child attends week 1 of our Summer Course in Stoke Poges and is preparing for the CEM test, they will sit CEM-style mock test paper A on the final day of the course.
You can supplement the mock tests on our Summer Courses by booking additional tests on our 11 Plus Mock Exam booking page.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to accommodate children with specific needs that would require them to have extra time for the Mock Exam or to take the Mock Exam in a separate room from other candidates.
Yes. However, if you wish to book with childcare vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare, you will not be able to book through the website. Please call us on 01494 956 809 or email email@example.com
Your child’s test paper booklets and multiple-choice answer sheets will not be released. This is to ensure that accurate parent feedback is given, including students’ ranking within the group and guarantees that the test papers are unique and have not been seen prior to sitting a Marie Redmond Tuition® 11 Plus Mock Exam.
We do not sell our papers separately or provide them to other tuition companies.
We’re featured in the 11 Plus Guide