- Mock Exams
- Contact Us
GL Assessment-style Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exams
Marie Redmond Tuition® GL Assessment-style Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exams are written by Marie Redmond MEd and her team of qualified, experienced teachers.
Our 2019 Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exams take place in:
- Amersham – Buckinghamshire
- Beaconsfield – Buckinghamshire
- Langley (Slough) – Berkshire
- Stoke Poges – Buckinghamshire
We adapt our exam papers annually after feedback sessions with students about their real 11+ test. Students who sat our mock exams in 2018 said they were very similar to the actual tests.
- Our Mock Exam papers are written by Marie Redmond MEd and her team of qualified, experienced teachers.
- All our GL Assessment-style mock exam sessions are 2 hours 30 minutes long.
- In each location we have 4 unique GL Assessment-style exams: papers A to D.
- No questions are repeated and the exams can be taken in any order.
- In line with the GL Assessment test, Marie Redmond Tuition® mock exams are comprised of two separate test booklets.
- The tests are multiple choice, with separate question papers and multiple-choice answer sheets.
- Each paper is approximately 50 minutes long (plus 10 minutes of practice questions), with a short break between the tests.
- Our 11 Plus Mock Exams are held in strict exam conditions at carefully selected locations.
- In accordance with the actual test, we use pre-recorded audio to introduce the tests, to explain the instructions for each section and to guide the practice questions. After students attempt the practice questions, the audio reads out the answer
Within 48 hours of the mock test session you will receive:
- A detailed analysis on your child’s performance, including
- Their score for each section of the papers.
- Score for each paper.
- Overall score.
- A comparison table showing anonymised scores for students who sat the exam with your child.
- Our suggested pass mark for the exam, based on previous pupils’ performance.
- Detailed analysis of the number and type of questions, as well as timing for each subsection of the test papers.
- A list of challenging vocabulary from the tests.
- A secure login to see all the questions your child answered incorrectly, along with our unique teacher-led explanations.
Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exam content
Test Paper 1 (Verbal Skills)
- This paper accounts for 50% of the total marks and is divided into two subsections (English and verbal reasoning), each attracting 25% of the total marks.
- The paper lasts approximately one hour.
- 25 minutes is allowed for the English section (plus 5 minutes practice).
- It tests reading skills, comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- 20 minutes is allowed for the verbal reasoning section (plus 5 minutes practice)
- It tests how well students can work out and apply rules and relationships between words, letters and numbers.
Test Paper 2 (Mathematics and Non-Verbal/Spatial Reasoning)
- This paper accounts for 50% of the total marks and is divided into two subsections (mathematical and non-verbal/spatial reasoning skills), each attracting 25% of the total marks.
- The paper lasts approximately one hour
- 25 minutes is allowed for the mathematics subsection (plus 5 minutes practice).
- It tests mathematical / numerical skills
- 25 minutes is allowed for the non-verbal/spatial reasoning subsection (plus 5 minutes practice)
- This subsection is divided into separately timed sections:
- Questions that ask students to think about the relationship between shapes and patterns– their similarities and differences -as well as identifying changes between shapes and patterns shown in sequence
- Questions involving codes, where students will have to match parts of a shape with a letter
- Questions that test how well students can picture shapes and move them around in their head
Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exam Dates
Our Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exams take place at the following locations:
- Amersham Community Centre, Buckinghamshire. Near Chesham, Chenies, Little Missenden, Great Missenden, Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter and Little Chalfont.
- Beaconsfield High School, Buckinghamshire. Near Seer Green, Jordans, Tylers Green, Penn, Wooburn Green, Bourne End, Cookham, Marlow, Loudwater, Hazlemere and High Wycombe.
- Langley Pavilion, Berkshire. Near Slough, Iver, Colnbrook, Datchet, Windsor and Uxbridge.
- Stoke Poges Village Centre, Buckinghamshire. Near Gerrards Cross, Hedgerley, Fulmer, Farnham Common, Farnham Royal, Burnham, Slough and Windsor.
Amersham Community Centre, Chiltern Avenue, Amersham, HP6 5AH
Paper Date Time A Sunday 30th June 2019 10AM – 12.30PM B Sunday 14th July 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Saturday 10th August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Saturday 31st August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM
Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Rd, Beaconsfield, HP9 1RR
Paper Date Time A Sunday 19th May 2019 10AM – 12.30PM B Sunday 23rd June 2019 10AM – 12.30PM A Sunday 21st July 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Friday 9th August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM D Friday 23rd August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Saturday 31st August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM
Langley Pavilion Community Centre, Langley Road, Slough, SL3 8BS
Paper Date Time A Saturday 15th June 2019 13.30 – 4PM B Saturday 13th July 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Saturday 10th August 2019 13.30 – 4PM D Saturday 24th August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM
Stoke Poges Village Centre, 129 Rogers Lane, Stoke Poges, SL2 4LP
Paper Date Time A Sunday 9th June 2019 2.00 – 4.30PM B Saturday 27th July 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Friday 9th August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM D Friday 23rd August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM C Saturday 31st August 2019 10AM – 12.30PM
Get up to £120 off our 11 Plus Mock Exams
Our 2019 Buckinghamshire GL Assessment-style 11 Plus Mock Exams are £65 each and you will receive a discount if you book more than one mock exam at the same time. You can take advantage of this by booking two or more GL Assessment-style mock exams or any combination of GL Assessment-style and CEM-style mock exams.
|1 mock exam||£65|
|2 mock exams||£120 (saving £10) – £60 per exam|
|3 mock exams||£165 (saving £30) – £55 per exam|
|4 mock exams||£200 (saving £60) – £50 per exam|
|5 mock exams||£225 (saving £100) – £45 per exam|
|6 mock exams||£270 (saving £120) – £45 per exam|
As close as possible to the actual exam
Marie Redmond Tuition® Mock Exams are designed to be as similar as possible to the actual exam. Each year we meet with many of our students a week after they sit the Buckinghamshire GL Assessment test and as a result gain useful insights into the exam. We have in-depth discussions about the types of questions they encountered, including any new types that hadn’t been seen previously. We also discuss the timing of sections and the layout of the papers and answer sheets. Following our feedback sessions, we annually adapt our papers to ensure your child is thoroughly prepared.
Although we don’t know exactly what’s going to be in the next exam, the detailed insights gained in these feedback sessions are invaluable and ensure that our Buckinghamshire 11 Plus mock exams remain as close as possible to the real thing.
Feedback from Students
2018 was the first year that the new GL Assessment tests were used in Buckinghamshire. Our students reported that Marie Redmond Tuition’s mock exams were very similar to the actual test. The prevailing view was that the Buckinghamshire test was ‘just like taking a mock exam’. Students reported that there were two new types of questions in the exam, of which they discussed with us in detail and drew diagrams. These new question types are included in our 2019 papers.
FAQs about our Buckinghamshire 11 Plus Mock Exams
Yes. Our 11 Plus Mock Exams are held in strict exam conditions and administered by professional, DBS checked invigilators. Pre-recorded audio is used to explain the instructions, guide the practice questions and to provide time prompts.
In 2019 we have four sets of unique GL Assessment-style 11 Plus mock papers.
No. Our 11 Plus Mock Exams can be taken in any order. All of our tests are unique and no questions are repeated.
Please ensure that your child arrives at least 15 minutes before the start time of their 11 Plus Mock Exam. The start time is detailed on our booking page and in your order confirmation e-mail.
For your child’s safety, you will need to register them at the venue and collect them in person from the invigilator at the end of the exam.
Our mock exams last two and a half hours and consist of two papers. Each paper is approximately 50 minutes long (plus ten minutes of practice questions), with a short break between the papers.
Yes. If your child attends any of our 5-day Summer Courses, a mock test is included in the price and does not need to be booked separately. Please check our Summer Course page to discover which test papers are included in our summer courses. For example, if your child attends week 1 of our Summer Course and is preparing for the Buckinghamshire test, they will sit GL-style mock test paper C on the final day of the course.
You can supplement the mock tests on our Summer Courses by booking additional tests on our 11 Plus Mock Exam booking page.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to accommodate children with specific needs that would require them to have extra time for the Mock Exam or to take the Mock Exam in a separate room from other candidates.
Yes. However, if you wish to book with childcare vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare, you will not be able to book through the website. Please call us on 01494 956 809 or email email@example.com
No. Your child’s test paper booklets and multiple-choice answer sheets will not be released. This is to ensure that accurate parent feedback is given, including students’ ranking within the group and guarantees that the test papers are unique and have not been seen prior to sitting a Marie Redmond Tuition® 11 Plus Mock Exam.
No. We do not sell our papers separately or provide them to other tuition companies.