Frequently Asked Questions
- “We can’t stop people having their children tutored… I have never said it is tutor proof – I get very cross when I see that said by newspapers and campaign groups.”
Read about the meeting in The Bucks Herald
With extensive experience of preparing children for the 11 Plus and teaching the curriculum in local schools, as well as preparing your child for exam conditions, we offer a winning combination.
The following parents emailed us to say how much their children enjoyed our lessons:
- “Jon is enjoying his sessions thoroughly and is looking forward to continuing them next year too.” (Year 4 parent, Chesham, 2017)
- “I would like to let you know that for Christian out of all his academic activities, tuition is his favourite!” (Year 4 parent, Beaconsfield, 2017)
- “Please can you forward our comments to Anne, as our son thinks she is a very good tutor and enjoys her classes. He enjoyed the classes so much, that he invited his friends to join. His friends have now joined and attend the same class as him.” (Year 5 parent, Farnham Common, 2016)
- “Naveen really enjoyed her first lesson last week with Anne. Naveen was a little apprehensive going into class to begin with and did actually take me in with her! However, once I left and came to collect her she said she really enjoyed her session and liked Anne. I would also like to mention that Naveen came out of her first class beaming and once home said she loved having a tutor like Anne. And then decided she was very lucky to have a tutor. So a really big thank you from me.” (Year 4 parent, Farnham Common, 2016)
- “I wanted to just let you know that Jake really enjoyed his first session last week and seems motivated to complete the homework.” (Year 5 parent, Beaconsfield, 2015)
- “Rachel enjoyed her class yesterday and also commented on what a lovely teacher she had which is great.” (Year 5 parent, Chalfont St Peter, 2015)
- “He really enjoyed his first lesson last week and has even enjoyed doing his homework.” (Year 5 parent, Gerrards Cross, 2015)
- “The girls really enjoyed their first lesson ….so all good.” (Year 5 parent, Chalfont St Peter, 2015)
- “We (the queue of waiting parents on the stairs at 2pm) were all worried that our kids would hate us for making them work on a Saturday, but as far as Harry was concerned, he, and I quote, “loved it, it was great fun” .. he was bouncing around in the car on the way home. So smiles all round, thank you.” (Year 4 parent, Ivinghoe, 2014)
- “Many thanks for forwarding Joe’s results. Both Wednesdays he has returned from your sessions full of enthusiasm and has really enjoyed the learning, so thank you very much – no mean feat!” (Year 5 parent, Princes Risborough, 2014)
- “I believe that we have found the right place. Nathan cannot wait until Saturday morning, he absolutely loved your session and he didn’t even realise that he was there for two hours (that is so important to us).” (Year 4 parent, Gerrards Cross, 2014)
Visit our testimonials page to see what other parents have to say.
All children complete an assessment when they first join one of our courses to give us an understanding of their current ability and the appropriate level of challenge they need. We then assess them twice each term – at half term and at the end of term. This means that we can check they’ve achieved their individual targets and devise a Tuition Plan that suits their needs and challenges.
Ensure that your child completes the homework provided to them at the end of their lesson – we review it in the following session, which gives them an opportunity to go through areas they may have struggled with.
Refunds are unfortunately not available if your child misses a class and can’t attend an alternative. However, in the unlikely event that your child’s class is cancelled, you will receive a full refund for the lesson.